GamBan UK – gambling self exclusion
In the UK, the number of players has increased by 50% since the start of the COVID19 pandemic. The total isolation with loss of freedom people have tried to cover up by gambling. Many have developed a gambling addiction, so it is important to be aware of good solutions to this problem. The Gamban program helps problem gamblers stay away from gambling sites by blocking slots applications, foreign casino sites. If Brits do manage to get to a slot machine or sports betting site, transactions are blocked. It won’t be possible to make a deposit.
- Full details of the programme can be found on the company’s official website – https://gamban.com/.
- Android users can find the GamBan app on Google Play .
- GamBan also works on iOS and can be found in Apple Store.
How do I install Gamban?
The software for restricting gambling comes with a fee. You will have to pay 10 GBP (11 EUR/12 USD) to install it on your device. There are no discounts on the site, but there are comprehensive solutions available. They offer special packages for companies, which are cheaper. For a company with 1-19 employees the service will cost 29 GBP per year.
Follow the steps below to install Gamban app on your phone, tablet or computer:
- Download the software from the official website or app shop.
- Open an account with your name, phone number, email address. Think of a password. Use your Facebook, Twitter and Google accounts if you want.
- Follow the instructions. At one of the stages you need to connect to Gamban VPN, make settings of special features. Also remember to confirm that push notifications are sent to your device.
After saving the settings, the Gamban app will start working in the background.
As long as your device is running the new version of the Gamban Gambling Blocker, everything will be fine. Don’t forget to update the app to the latest version if your system requires it. Below you will find a table showing which operating system version is required for Gamban to work properly.
|Android||Android 5.0 and later|
|iOS||iOS 9.0 and later|
|macOS||macOS 10.10 and higher|
|Windows||Windows Vista SP2 and later|
How to remove Gamban?
If you are wondering how to uninstall Gamban, we can assure you it’s very difficult. As long as the license is active, the system does not allow to uninstall the program from the smartphone. There have been cases where crashes have occurred after a reboot, but the system recovers quickly. The only way is to wait for the subscription to expire.
- Helps prevent gaming addiction;
- easy use of the app;
- does not see the app running in the background;
- blocks only sites with gambling;
- Available on mobile phones;
- The annual licence costs from 10 GBP.
- Gamban takes no more than 2 minutes to download and install;
- 14 days free version of the product.
Cons (based on Gamban reviews at Trustpilot):
- Open access to online casinos outside the UK;
- sometimes the app stops working after rebooting your smartphone;
- no live chat;
- occasional technical problems (the app does not allow access to the internet without a VPN enabled, Gamstop stops working after a system update).
Gamban is an award-winning gambling protection software. The software can be installed on multiple devices at the same time. Below are alternative UK gambling site blockers that have also proven to be effective.
Britons are aware of GamStop, which is considered a must-have for UKGC online casinos. It allows sites with sports betting, gambling, horse racing and other forms of entertainment to be shut down for a period of time decided by the player. The self-exclusion scheme is voluntary, anyone can get on the register, it’s free. But the project only works for UK establishments.
A reliable provider of software to block slot gambling sites. The fee is 4 GBP per month, applies to one device only. You can use the software on multiple devices. You will not be able to uninstall BetFilter from your device or close the software before your blocking period expires.
A popular service among parents that also helps fight gambling. The software has been in operation since 1993, originally from Canada (Vancouver). It has now moved its headquarters to Bellevue, Washington. Whereas previously the functionality of the software was limited to controlling internet traffic, it is now possible to remove pop-up content, unwanted applications, any sites with slots and sports betting.
Considered a reliable online casino blocker, which was launched in the UK in 2000. Unlike other services, GamBlock does not use registries of addicts with their personal details. It uses advanced search algorithms to restrict access to gaming content. As a result, all sites with promotions, computer games, slots and betting can be blocked. It works on any device and recognises different operating systems – Windows, Mac, Android and iOS, so access will be restricted to all devices in the family. GamBlocker is even used by large corporations, banks and government offices to keep staff in the offices busy.
A good alternative to Gamban and it works using the same algorithms. Just install the software on your phone, tablet or desktop computer to block access to all gambling sites. It applies not only to UK gambling sites, but also to foreign bookmakers and online casinos. A parental control is provided.
Once the self-exclusion programme has expired, players need to contact the blocking company’s staff in each case. This is the only way to remove restrictions on slots and other entertainment. Once a request has been made, it will be at least 24 hours before the blockers are lifted.